Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tombstone Tuesday: Cloudia B. (Giles) Smith

Headstone of Cloudia Bell (Giles) Smith; taken by me
at Sunrise Memorial Cemetery, Vallejo, California
Cloudia Bell Smith, nee Giles was born on 5 November 1898 in Fountain Hill, Ashley County, Arkansas to John Henry and Alice Ophelia (Besely) Giles. She married Mack Henry Smith on 15 September 1917 in Carthage, Dallas County, Arkansas. Cloudia and Mack were my great grandparents and they had fifteen children together.
 I remember seeing Mama Cloudia, as she was called, at my grandmother's house during the holidays as a child; she died when I was 12. I also remember going to her funeral, but not much else about her. Cloudia died on 15 Feb 1985 in San Pablo, Contra Costa County, California. She is buried in Sunrise Memorial Cemetery, along with her husband, Mack; and their daughter Corine Westbrook and son Evern B. Smith.

Photo of Cloudia Bell (Giles) Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment